Click on the name to visit these Fort Family Affiliated Sites

Gary's Garden — AC's Corner Café — Annex: Down Under — Bent and Twisted — Castle Roland — Jeff's Fort — Pyro's Place
Poetry Hut — Storymaker's Digital Home — Comicality's Shack Out Back — Ted Louis — Julian Gregg — Saber Peak
Forums:  Timmy's Treehouse — Penguin Huggle

A Rent Boy Named...

3 replies to this topic

#1 Paul Schroder

Paul Schroder

Out of My Mind

• Fort Family Authors
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:I like to snow ski in the winter. Summers find me fishing a favorite stream, hiking or camping. Computers and internet stories are also a passion - both reading them and writing them.
  • Favorite Stories:
    If it's in the Fort, it's GREAT!

Posted 13 September 2009 - 06:41 PM

This is the honest and heartfelt story of a boy who found himself homeless on L.A.'s Sunset Strip in 1969 and 1970. There he meets other throw away boys who do whatever they have to do to survive.  This is not a story about sex, it is about boys without a family trying to connect and make a family of their own.  You won't read this story and come away unaffected.

As of this posting there are 117 short chapters.  If you are at all like me, you will attempt to read them all non-stop.  I can only WISH I had this author's ability to paint a picture with words

It has only been three months since Tristan Strangebrew posted the first chapter on this blog. Today it is averaging over 10,000 chapter reads per day.  Start reading it and you will understand why.

Go to A Rent Boy Named...

#2 D&B

D&B

Bad Pun Demon!

• Family Emeritus
  • 2,503 posts
  • Favorite Stories:
    All the CSU stories, Castaway Hotel, Haven, Fire, Do Over, Grasshopper's stuff, Driver's stuff, Joel series

Posted 15 September 2009 - 11:39 PM

I have just begun reading this -- on chapter 26 as I post.

Paul's right.  It's something you need to read.

ADDED IN EDIT September 26:

I've no finished all 120 chapters to date.  And this story NEEDS to be read by any Fort Family reader.  It's heartwarming, heartbreaking, not particularly sexually explicit (scenes rare and contextually proper), beautifully and even poignantly told....  Go read it!

#3 Nourred

Nourred

New in Town

• Family
  • 11 posts
  • Favorite Stories:
    Memories; Patient John doe. My carl; A New Dat DEawns...

Posted 07 October 2009 - 03:42 AM

View PostPaul Schroder, on 13 September 2009 - 06:41 PM, said:

This is the honest and heartfelt story of a boy who found himself homeless on L.A.'s Sunset Strip in 1969 and 1970. There he meets other throw away boys who do whatever they have to do to survive.  This is not a story about sex, it is about boys without a family trying to connect and make a family of their own.  You won't read this story and come away unaffected.

As of this posting there are 117 short chapters.  If you are at all like me, you will attempt to read them all non-stop.  I can only WISH I had this author's ability to paint a picture with words

It has only been three months since Tristan Strangebrew posted the first chapter on this blog. Today it is averaging over 10,000 chapter reads per day.  Start reading it and you will understand why.

Go to A Rent Boy Named...

Hi,
I agree, it's a wonderful story, with now 122 chapters. Thank you foe having recommend it.
Nourred.

#4 D&B

D&B

Bad Pun Demon!

• Family Emeritus
  • 2,503 posts
  • Favorite Stories:
    All the CSU stories, Castaway Hotel, Haven, Fire, Do Over, Grasshopper's stuff, Driver's stuff, Joel series

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:33 PM

Just to pop this up for those who never noticed it before.  Tristan has now broken the 150-chapter mark -- he posted chapter #151 a few days ago.  Highly recommended.

For those who are wondering, it's told in first person, with the early chapters based loosely on the reminiscences of the real-life equivalent of the narrator, of a runaway in his early teens, on his own (with a group of fellow castoffs) in the L.A. of the early 1970s.

Reply to this topic

Help support the Fort Family Forums and Sites: